This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Japan To Broadcast Transformers Prime in April 2012

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Japan To Broadcast Transformers Prime in April 2012

Postby Mach » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:12 am

Motto: ""I am a Prime. I do not take orders from you!""
Takara Tomy on twitter has posted a tweet that announced the Japanese version of Transformers Prime cartoon is to be aired in Japan from April 2012.

No further information is available at this moment.

Stay tuned to Seibertron, for latest information on Transformers!
Mach
Gestalt
News Credits: 905
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Japan To Broadcast Transformers Prime in April 2012

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:01 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
It's about time we heard about the Japanese dub. I wonder which seiyuu they'll get this time.

Did the Japanese ever get War for Cybertron as well? I know they at least know of it since the WFC designs were used in the first United manga, but did they actually get the game itself?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 439
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby cannonfodder4000 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:22 am

Motto: "Dey are fools! and dey will dai, like foods!"
Weapon: Right Laser
Sabrblade wrote:It's about time we heard about the Japanese dub. I wonder which seiyuu they'll get this time.

Did the Japanese ever get War for Cybertron as well? I know they at least know of it since the WFC designs were used in the first United manga, but did they actually get the game itself?

Nope, WFC never got a Japanese release, neither did the movie games after the first one, kinda weird. :-?

Also while I doubt this is gonna happen, I hope they use the original Japanese terminology and names for this dub instead of using the American names like with the Movies and Animated, it's just weird hearing them say Optimus Prime, Decepticon and all this other stuff that they ain't used to.
cannonfodder4000
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 17
Watch cannonfodder4000 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 1
Endurance: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:35 am

cannonfodder4000 wrote:Nope, WFC never got a Japanese release, neither did the movie games after the first one, kinda weird. :-?
Heh, no wonder they mistook the WFC designs for G1 iterations in the United fiction. ;)

cannonfodder4000 wrote:Also while I doubt this is gonna happen, I hope they use the original Japanese terminology and names for this dub instead of using the American names like with the Movies and Animated, it's just weird hearing them say Optimus Prime, Decepticon and all this other stuff that they ain't used to.
I kinda wish this too, if only they hadn't done so for the Movie and Animated to begin with. But I got a feeling that, aside form a few special cases, "Cybertron/Destron/Convoy/etc." have been officially replaced with "Autobot/Decepticon/Optimus Prime/etc."

It's kinda sad, seeing as how they were so used to them for 20+ years, and now they suddenly switch over to using foreign terms. Imagine how it would be like for us if they suddenly dropped all existing English terms for new ones (I know they did something like this in the Beast Era, but that was later altered to have them coexist with the previous terms and wasn't permanent).
Last edited by Sabrblade on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Mkall » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:39 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
I'm hoping that the Japanese version will get an awesome opening song like Transformers Evo was for Animated.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:44 am

Mkall wrote:I'm hoping that the Japanese version will get an awesome opening song like Transformers Evo was for Animated.
YES! Absolutely! Though, it'll likely be made form existing footage from the show, rather than newly-created footage like Animated had.

Still, as long as the song is good. The current one in English is alright, but it's kinda mellow.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Heavy B » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:24 pm

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
holy god, I can't imagine what japan will do to this series. After what they did to Beast Wars, its obvious we can't trust them...
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
Heavy B
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:02 pm

Dr. Heavy B wrote:holy god, I can't imagine what japan will do to this series. After what they did to Beast Wars, its obvious we can't trust them...
Whoa whoa whoa, back the track up, man. Do you not know what they did to Beast Machines and Animated for those dubs? They dubbed them both GOOD and faithful to the English version. I think we can say that Japan has learned its lesson from what they did for Beast Wars and Beast Wars Metals. Besides, G1 got a fair dub as FSRLTF and FSRLTF 2010. Prime's dub will probably be alright too.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Heavy B » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:35 pm

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Sabrblade wrote:
Dr. Heavy B wrote:holy god, I can't imagine what japan will do to this series. After what they did to Beast Wars, its obvious we can't trust them...
Whoa whoa whoa, back the track up, man. Do you not know what they did to Beast Machines and Animated for those dubs? They dubbed them both GOOD and faithful to the English version. I think we can say that Japan has learned its lesson from what they did for Beast Wars and Beast Wars Metals. Besides, G1 got a fair dub as FSRLTF and FSRLTF 2010. Prime's dub will probably be alright too.

Depth Charge sang folk songs and Megatron shriekd like a girl.

Japan aint getting off that easily
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
Heavy B
Gestalt
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:00 pm

Dr. Heavy B wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

That was over a decade ago. Beast Wars Returns and Animated came much more recently, and were both dubbed accurately (or, as accurately as they could be). I'm sure Prime won't suffer as badly as Beast Wars did.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Heavy B » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:10 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Dr. Heavy B wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

That was over a decade ago. Beast Wars Returns and Animated came much more recently, and were both dubbed accurately (or, as accurately as they could be). I'm sure Prime won't suffer as badly as Beast Wars did.

Animated and Beast Machines weren't as good as Beast Wars.

Besides, can you IMAGINE what they did to "Code of Hero"?
Heavy B
Gestalt

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:21 pm

Dr. Heavy B wrote:Animated and Beast Machines weren't as good as Beast Wars.
In America, yes. In Japan, their dubs were superior to Beast Wars and Beast Wars Metals.

Dr. Heavy B wrote:Besides, can you IMAGINE what they did to "Code of Hero"?
Having seen some of that episode in Japanese (the first 1/3 of it), I can imagine very well. I can imagine it adding some new bits of dialogue to make all of the Preds' defeats seem more humiliating for them and hilarious for us, and Dinobot's death seem more passionate and emotional with more energy put into it the voice performance. Though, some silly bits added in too, but given the overall tone of the episode, they'd be overshadowed by Dinobot's story.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Classics Universe Deluxe complete 230920A"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JAZZ Transformers Generations Deluxe Fall of Cybertron complete 2012 230920A"
JAZZ Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINDSET Transformers Generations Reveal Shield Deluxe complete 2011 230920A"
MINDSET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDRAKER Transformers Titans Return Generations Legends complete 2017 231209A"
CLOUDRAKER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS26 ARTFIRE & NIGHTSTICK Transformers Generations Selects 2021 240402"
NEW!
WFC-GS26 ARTFIRE & ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HARDHEAD Transformers Universe Ultra complete + instructions 2009 230920A"
HARDHEAD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Generations Alt-Modes Series 1 Hasbro 2016"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926U"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PROWL Transformers Universe Spy Changer complete Hasbro 2005 230821A"
PROWL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS23 DEEP COVER Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-GS23 DEEP COVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Autobot WHEELJACK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Autobot WHEELJACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Generations Alt-Modes Series 1 Hasbro 2016"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Lancer ENAMEL PIN SDCC 2019 Transformers Generations Selects EE Hasbro NEW"
Lancer ENAMEL PIN ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Series PK Bruticus Action Figure	B3899" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Huffer Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON