This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song?

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song?

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:55 am

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
The Linkin Park website has been slightly updated. It features a moon on which you can click to hear a small modified snippet of Linkin Park's Iridescent which is on their album "A Thousand suns'. An image on the website also features the Autobot symbol in "A Thousand Suns art style". Is this the new Linkin Park Dark Of The Moon Song?

Joe Hahn of Linkin Park has dropped a little hint on his Twitter account about a new video and asking "Do robots and leather look good together?"

It has been previously reported that "Burning In The Skies" would be the featured song in the third movie. If this is true, then it is an unexpected turn of events.

Last edited by LOST Cybertronian on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song?

Postby Deathsanras » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:03 am

Do you mean Burning in the Skies?
Deathsanras
Fuzor

Postby AutobotTrainer » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:04 am

Motto: "Rule number two: Double Tap."
Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
I just have a hard time not hearing anything Pink Floyd when it comes to score for DOTM...
No thing that is created by humans is infallable.

Help! I need:
The chin piece for Animated Shockwave/Longarm (grey)
One pistol for TF:ROTF Brawn
AutobotTrainer
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby ubertenorman » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:06 am

Weapon: Double Beam Guns
I think this song fits a lot better than "Burning in the Skies." Though neither song is great.
ubertenorman
Fuzor
News Credits: 2
Buy from ubertenorman on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Postby Rated X » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:07 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I said it before and ill say it again...boy bands suck. Bring on some hip hop for DOTM
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby ubertenorman » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:10 am

Weapon: Double Beam Guns
Also "Iridescent" would be benefited greatly by a string section and full chorus. Heck, (I can't believe I'm saying this) even a key change.
ubertenorman
Fuzor
News Credits: 2
Buy from ubertenorman on eBay
Strength: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3

Postby xtsaur » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:39 am

i think this song works perfectly for what i believe this 3rd and final (unfortunately) will be. its a very emotional song about things coming to an end and coming to terms with them. i will feel very emotional when my favorite film franchise of all times comes to an end. :x
xtsaur
Micromaster

Postby Varia31 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:02 am

Motto: "So long as a noble warrior lives, he must never give up the fight until his final breath."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
I liked "Burning in the Skies", but this one does seem to suit Dark of The Moon better, such as when it mentions the devastation (suiting for the final battle), and "letting the sadness and frustration go" can easily be tied to this continuity's Optimus Prime, being that when he was first betrayed by Megatron, he was fueled with rage for a time (seen in Foundation), also fitting since this film will supposedly give some focus to Optimus, Sentinel, and Megatron. Anyhoo, now that I've thrown my two cents out, I'll just wrap it up in a nutshell... "I like it!" :) lol
Varia31
Vehicon
News Credits: 3
Watch Varia31 on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Firepower: 9

Postby Red 50 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:12 am

Motto: "Never send an army to do a dinobot's job"
I don't know. It less sad-tuned than BIS. I'm liking them both.
My guess is...

...That they should include them both in the Movie.
Irid should maybe be when someone of the main characters is remembering someone leaving or dying.

BIS however is a bit darker (and colder too, if I may) and would fit more maybe to the end credits as Prime gives another one of his 'famous speeches'. Maybe during some action, too.
Red 50
Gestalt Team Leader
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 6

Postby Insidious » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:39 am

Motto: "Clarity of thought before rashness of action."
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
I'm surprised they didn't go with "Robot Boy". Obvious play on words aside, it's the song on A Thousand Suns I could most clearly hear in my head going with the credits.

That said, I'm sure whatever they pick will work well.
Insidious
RPG Moderator

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:00 am

Deathsanras wrote:Do you mean Burning in the Skies?

Indeed I do thanks. :WHISTLE:
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander

Postby BeastProwl » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:23 am

Motto: "Gravity Hurts"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Look, (Talking to Rated X Because I DONT know how to reply to other's comments because I'm doing all this on my PS3) If you DONT like Linkin Park, DONT POST ON ARTICLES ABOUT THEM!!! If theres one thing you should know, For the Billionth Time, Linkin Park is NOT A BOYBAND! If They are, then that makes Practically every male-only group a freakin BOYBAND, wich, I Hesitated to mention, would be 95 freekin percent of the RAP/HIP~HOP/R&B WORLD!!!! Furthermore, you should LIKE Linkin Park at this point, cause all they do is HIP-HOP now! I understand that, to you, it's all about, or if you reply, it will be all about the "Movie Soundtrack" I'm sorry, but HIP-HOP and Giant Frikin robots that scrap and blow up entire cities in fistfights and all out wars? they just don't mix . =;

Check out my Art Thread! It actually gets updated from time to time!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/beastprowl-s-art-thread-t102641s50.php

Also taking commissions! Inquire via PM if interested :D
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Courage: Infinity

Postby T-Macksimus » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:35 pm

BeastProwl wrote:Look, (Talking to Rated X Because I DONT know how to reply to other's comments because I'm doing all this on my PS3) If you DONT like Linkin Park, DONT POST ON ARTICLES ABOUT THEM!!! If theres one thing you should know, For the Billionth Time, Linkin Park is NOT A BOYBAND! If They are, then that makes Practically every male-only group a freakin BOYBAND, wich, I Hesitated to mention, would be 95 freekin percent of the RAP/HIP~HOP/R&B WORLD!!!! Furthermore, you should LIKE Linkin Park at this point, cause all they do is HIP-HOP now! I understand that, to you, it's all about, or if you reply, it will be all about the "Movie Soundtrack" I'm sorry, but HIP-HOP and Giant Frikin robots that scrap and blow up entire cities in fistfights and all out wars? they just don't mix . =;

In all fairness this is a public forum and Rated X does have the right to voice his opinion. We don't have to agree with each other (Primus knows most folks don't often care for my opinion most times) but we do have the right to be heard. No, LP is not a "Boy Band" but likewise saying that Hip-Hop doesn't mix with Giant F'ing Robots is also not an accurate statement IMO. Would not the song "Second to None" which was associated with Bumblebee and included on the first movie soundtrack fall into the category of Hip-Hop? Do I much give a damn if it DOES fall into that category? Yes and No respectively to those questions.
Give me enough time and I can find a freaking Country song that will actually work well with portions of the movies. Everyones tastes are different and everyone comes away from the movies and soundtracks with something different.

That having been said, after listening to both Iridescent and Burning In the Skies, I would have to say that I think Burning would be a better selection for the soundtrack. Iridescent is a great song from a lyrical standpoint but taking into account that the bulk of the movie is going to be loud and raucous and Iridescent is so subdued for the first 2/3 of the song I fear that it would be overshadowed and rendered pointless. With Burning I feel that there would be more opportunity for it's use in an action based setting and I found the content to give a better overall feel of what both the humans and the TF's would be dealing with in this film.
It's all just my opinion and honestly, I think Burning should run sometime during the course of the film and Iridescent should played at the end and maybe lead into the final credits of the film. I have little doubt that the final scene of DotM is not going to be a happy one and Iridescent would be a good song to "fade out" to.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby MINDVVIPE » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:54 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
Oh no, more linkin park. Spare me this mockery of justice!
Need more DNB :twisted:
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby prowl123 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:05 pm

Motto: "If your house burns down... it's my fault."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
If they REALLY want a good song from A Thousand Suns to go in DOTM, they should pick Wretches and Kings. I absolutely love Iridescent and Burning in the Skies, but they're too mellow and cerebral (not that I don't like cerebral). Usually, you want to go out with a bang for the third installment of a major blockbuster movie franchise. By 'bang,' I mean a blasting Hip-Hop/Mechanical/Rap song throughout the movie.

Wretches and Kings would be perfect for DOTM. Here's the opening "speech" clip. It goes really well with the genre of the movie.

"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers. Upon all the apparatus and you've got to make it stop."

The overall message of the song isn't quite right, but they reference "the machine" over and over again all throughout the lyrics. And the movie's all about giant robots that blow up cities.

Machine = robot. 'Nuff said.
~prowl123~

Don't take anything I say seriously, because what I say may not necessarily be what I mean.
prowl123
Brainmaster
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby MINDVVIPE » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:08 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
prowl123 wrote:If they REALLY want a good song from A Thousand Suns to go in DOTM, they should pick Wretches and Kings. I absolutely love Iridescent and Burning in the Skies, but they're too mellow and cerebral (not that I don't like cerebral). Usually, you want to go out with a bang for the third installment of a major blockbuster movie franchise. By 'bang,' I mean a blasting Hip-Hop/Mechanical/Rap song throughout the movie.

Wretches and Kings would be perfect for DOTM. Here's the opening "speech" clip. It goes really well with the genre of the movie.

"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers. Upon all the apparatus and you've got to make it stop."

The overall message of the song isn't quite right, but they reference "the machine" over and over again all throughout the lyrics. And the movie's all about giant robots that blow up cities.

Machine = robot. 'Nuff said.

Sounds too anti machine. I want music that is the machine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ9us65VquI
Turn up for best results.
:CON:
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

APOLOGY!!! PLEASE READ

Postby BeastProwl » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:32 am

Motto: "Gravity Hurts"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Ide like to apologise to you all for my indifferent outburst! I was just in a terrable mood, woke up with a headache, you know the Drill. ANYWAY Ide like to apologise first and foremost to rated X. I find myself agreeing with alot of what you say, and again, hangover, Headache, excedren wasnt working, but enough complaints. All I REALLY Disagree on, it turns out, is the whole Boy-Band thing. But otherwise, I Was immature, regardless of my conditions. PLEASE FORGIVE!!! I Like some Hip~Hop, It's just when it's about Drugs, Sex, Gangs, And shooting, I cant stand it! So, I Suppose Ide have to agree with everything you said, Prowl123 was it? Still dont know how to post off of other's comments :BANG_HEAD: But I Like Fort Minor and eminem and usha, at least some of their songs. Like Prowl123 said Wretches and kings? Hell yeah! As for a fitting country song? hm you know that one The thunder rolls? Sad theme were all you hear is the song and it's raining, and Sam and Carly are split up unwillingly by military men

Check out my Art Thread! It actually gets updated from time to time!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/beastprowl-s-art-thread-t102641s50.php

Also taking commissions! Inquire via PM if interested :D
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+

It's Official Linkin Park's Iridescent Confirmed For Dark Of The Moon

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:30 am

There is no longer any need for speculation. Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park has confirmed on his blog that Iridescent has been chosen as the Dark Of The Moon single:

A few months ago, I got on the phone with Michael Bay, who wanted to discuss the possibility of our band continuing our run with songs paired with the Transformers films. We (he, his team, and our band) all have enjoyed working together on the past two, and he wanted to discuss the ideas we might have for Transformers 3: Dark Of The Moon. In particular, one song came up immediately. Ever since we started playing Iridescent live, the song has been a fan favorite at the show.

For the film, there’s a new, slightly shorter version of the song, which is floating around the internet now. We’ll be shooting a video for the song tomorrow, directed by Joe Hahn.

Were you hoping for a different song? Did you like previously reported Burning In The Skies better? Discuss this song choice in the Energon Pub.

Seibertron: The Ultimate Transformers Resource

LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander

Postby Vicalliose » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:54 am

Motto: "Focus on one thing at a time? Are you crazy!? WHO DO YOU THINK I AM!!!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Sonic Boomer Gun
I liked Linkin Park for a very short time back in 04. But that because their music was attached to some videos I liked on youtube.

Some years later, and their music just seems like trash to me. I prefer music that stays in the 80s-90s spirit of rock, or just anything that isn't disgustingly over-popular, whatever. :roll:
"Government, even in it's best state, is but a necessary evil; in it's worst state, an intolerable one." -Thomas Paine
Vicalliose
Targetmaster
Watch Vicalliose on YouTube
Strength: 7
Endurance: 3
Courage: 3
Skill: 1

Postby Red 50 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:04 am

Motto: "Never send an army to do a dinobot's job"
So it's not Burning In The Skies.

I still like both of 'em. Both very good.
Red 50
Gestalt Team Leader
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 6

Postby Deathsanras » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:19 am

Rated X wrote:I said it before and ill say it again...boy bands suck. Bring on some hip hop for DOTM

The Beatles were a boy band.

I would enjoy seeing criteria qualifying LP as a "boy band" that does not also qualify The Rolling Stones and The Who as boy bands.
Deathsanras
Fuzor

Postby Rated X » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:03 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
:SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK:

Nuff said...

Rated X wrote:
I said it before and ill say it again...boy bands suck. Bring on some hip hop for DOTM

I would enjoy seeing criteria qualifying LP as a "boy band" that does not also qualify The Rolling Stones and The Who as boy bands.

Well thats way before my time. It's no secret Im a pure hip hop/rap fan. I consider any group of boys that sing and are fairly clean cut and popular with the ladies a "boy band". Actually the Beatles were america's first boy band.
Rated X
Banned
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Skill: 8

Postby Prankmeister » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:44 am

Rated X wrote::SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK:

Nuff said...

Rated X wrote:

Well thats way before my time. It's no secret Im a pure hip hop/rap fan. I consider any group of boys that sing and are fairly clean cut and popular with the ladies a "boy band". Actually the Beatles were america's first boy band.

Wait so you're saying that The Beatles suck? It's possible to dislike The Beatles?

Also, just curious, but why do you think rap or hip hop would fit Transformers? I could see some DNB like Pendulum possibly, but I always thought that the metal from the original 80s cartoon and Vince DiCola's score fit it flawlessly. And of course, I don't think anybody can really argue with the orchestrated score.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDFns0LA7O0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Dcg7cd ... re=related

I mean seriously, if you can't dig Scorponok's theme or the song from the forest fight...
Prankmeister
Micromaster

Postby Transformers Fanatic » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:04 am

I would have preferred "Burning In The Skies", but "Iridescent" will do. ;)
Transformers Fanatic
Fuzor

Postby Soundwave1979 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:32 am

LMAO at everyone discussing the true definition of a boyband...SMH! :roll:

In all honesty - how on earth can ANYONE of you claim which Linkin Park song will suit the movie better, without even having seen the movie or that specific scene yet? #-o

Well, the movie is obviously gonna have a massive, epic ending, and i'm pretty sure there are gonna be some major, surprising losses in terms of characters...and to be honest, after all the damage is done and seeing the humans and Transformers perhaps part ways for good, i think this song and the lyrics could very well suit the sad and shocking atmosphere that the film is going to portray. I can definitely see this being played whilst the credits roll... 8)
Soundwave1979
Mini-Con

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TUNER MUDFLAP Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Deluxe complete 2009 240415C"
NEW!
TUNER MUDFLAP Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers HD-DVD Movie 2007 Two-Disc Special Edition Set starring LaBeouf+Fox"
Transformers HD-DV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EJECTOR Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Scout complete Hasbro 2009 240427C"
NEW!
EJECTOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CANNON BUMBLEBEE Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Deluxe complete 2009 240427C"
NEW!
CANNON BUMBLEBEE T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LONG HAUL Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109U"
LONG HAUL Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers The Last Knight Legion Class Movie TLK Hasbro New 2017"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHROMIA Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Deluxe complete Hasbro 2009 240304A"
NEW!
CHROMIA Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AD26 LOCKDOWN Transformers Age Extinction Movie Advanced deluxe Takara AOE"
AD26 LOCKDOWN Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Dark of the Moon DOTM 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIDESWIPE Transformers Dark of the Moon Deluxe complete DOTM Hasbro 2011 230427A"
SIDESWIPE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RAMPAGE Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Deluxe complete + instructions 220802A"
RAMPAGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OFFROAD SKIDS Transformers Revenge the Fallen NEST Global Alliance Legends ROTF"
OFFROAD SKIDS Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RAMPAGE Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Deluxe complete Hasbro 2009 240109Y"
NEW!
RAMPAGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109W"
MEGATRON Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #351 - Ask Your Dad
Twincast / Podcast #351:
"Ask Your Dad"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, June 1st, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON