This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Nintendo DS delivers Beast Wars Returns episodes!

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Nintendo DS delivers Beast Wars Returns episodes!

Postby Grifter Prime » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:20 pm

Weapon: Laser Rifle
For those that may not know, Nintendo DS users love the way this great interactive handheld gaming device has great add-ons.

Now out in Japan for some time is the DS VISION. The DS Vision allows the user to watch movies or episodes (like...pokemon (lots of pokemon!)) on their DS. The card with vids on them slip into the DS Vision card which inserts into your DS.

Nintendo DS is also now releasing in Japan episodes of Beast Wars returns! Up to 26 episodes (I'm guessing smaller cut of the episodes)are now available for DS Vision users through Nintendo Japan!

http://www.dsvision.jp/
http://www.dsvision.jp/special/beastwars.html
Grifter Prime
Fuzor
News Credits: 32
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Nintendo DS delivers Beast Wars Returns episodes!

Postby zero-kaiser » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:05 pm

Motto: ""High tech circuitry is no replacement for guts!!""
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
hmmm interresting... i have an R4 card for my DS.. that lets me watch movies/videos.. admittedly after alot of file converting..

i wonder if it would be possible to watch any converted movies using this DSvision card... not just the ones provided.. hmmm..
zero-kaiser
Pretender
News Credits: 1
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:58 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I've often wondered what's different in Beast Wars Returns from Beast Machines (aside from the voices, language, and names, of course).

Is Beast Wars Returns as different from Beast Machines as Beast Wars Super Lifeform Transformers and Beast Wars Metals are different from Beast Wars? (i.e. - personality changes like Megatron a flamboyant madman, Rattrap gluttonous and the kid-friendly bot, Silverbolt polite instead of chivalrous, Airazor a dude, Tigatron a samurai, Depth Charge a folk music fan, etc.)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 439
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby 1337W422102 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:11 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Couldn't you just rip your Beast Wars DVDs, put the movie files on your DS Flashcart and watch them that way?

That being said, an official release is kinda cool.
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5

Postby Random » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:54 pm

Just an FYI, there is supposed to be a new DS coming out that has an SD slot, in place of the backwards compatibility. It has two cameras and whatnot.

But, back to topic, you should be able to watch whatever you can put on an SD card on your DS.
Random
Vehicon
News Credits: 2

Postby 1337W422102 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:03 pm

Random wrote:But, back to topic, you should be able to watch whatever you can put on an SD card on your DS.

Would be hard to implement that what with different AV formats, codecs, etc., but there are homebrew video players for the system. The community's made some great stuff!
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby zero-kaiser » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:12 pm

Motto: ""High tech circuitry is no replacement for guts!!""
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
1337W422102 wrote:
Random wrote:But, back to topic, you should be able to watch whatever you can put on an SD card on your DS.

Would be hard to implement that what with different AV formats, codecs, etc., but there are homebrew video players for the system. The community's made some great stuff!

thats very true,... i just wish my flash card would stop freaking out on me and jamming half way through something..

that said im quite excited about the new DSi,.. and what it means for the homebrew community.. -rubs chin-
zero-kaiser
Pretender
News Credits: 1
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 5

Postby 1337W422102 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:07 pm

zero-kaiser wrote:that said im quite excited about the new DSi,.. and what it means for the homebrew community.. -rubs chin-

You and me both! I might have to get one... :-?
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYBLAST JET MODE Transformers Attacktix Energon complete Hasbro 2006 190411"
SKYBLAST JET MODE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ARMADA #6 Dreamwave Comics 2002 (W) Furman (A) Lee"
TRANSFORMERS ARMAD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON AXE ATTACK OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Power Spark Warrior New"
ENERGON AXE ATTACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT SHOT Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 230719A"
HOT SHOT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYFIRE Transformers RID Robots In Disguise Deluxe Basic complete 2001 230821A"
SKYFIRE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ARMADA #1 FCBD Dreamwave Comics 2003 Free Comic Book Day (CA) Raiz"
TRANSFORMERS ARMAD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Armada Chinese 13 disc DVD set (Includes all 52 episodes) cartoon"
Transformers Armad ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MUDFLAP Transformers Cybertron Voyager complete w/ Cyber Key v6t7 2005 231101A"
MUDFLAP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 RID Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SOUNDWAVE Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 230719A"
SOUNDWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Mini-Con SURESHOCK Transformers Energon complete 2004 Perceptor Street Action"
Mini-Con SURESHOCK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STRONGARM Transformers Energon Class + instructions + comic Hasbro 2004 230427B"
STRONGARM Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STREET SPEED MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Hasbro 2002 231209A"
STREET SPEED MINI- ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRT BOSS Transformers Cybertron deluxe complete + d3h7 key Hasbro 2005 231102A"
DIRT BOSS Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Autobot Jazz Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Ravage(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Alpha Bravo Figure" on AMAZON