This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Rattrap Extract from the Beast Wars Bible

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Rattrap Extract from the Beast Wars Bible

Postby Hotrod » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:24 pm

As most people know all show have their own bible. Beast Wars was no different. Unicron.com has received some extracts from the Beast Wars "Bible". They have posted an extract about Rattrap. The excerpt is from the official Beast Wars Story Bible, written by Bob Forward and Larry DiTillio. Click here to check it out.
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby JazZeke » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:01 pm

Motto: "Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind."
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Rattrap--singing? Glad they left THAT part out!
JazZeke
Headmaster
News Credits: 10
Location: Arizona, where the glass is always greener.... on the other side of the state line!
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Scaleface » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:14 pm

You know the way he's described he almost it almost looks like a characetr writeup in GURPS or some other RPG.

Not if Rattrap is a 5 foot long rat, is that with or without his tail? I'm trying to figure out his toy scale.
Scaleface
Gestalt
News Credits: 49

Postby Liege Evilmus » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:29 pm

Beast Wars where awesome!!!!!!!!

And great Characters like this made it so, now if you'll excuse e I wanna go look up Inferno!

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Talon523 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:08 pm

did anyone else hear a beast machines interview where they said they planned on having Rattrap deformed? I remember the interview but I can't find it.
Talon523
Minibot

Postby Silver Wind » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:09 pm

Motto: "Truth is written in the fabric of creation."
Weapon: Deflecto-Shield
Rattrap as 2IC? I always thought of Rhinox as being that in the show. And what about this?
Maximal Defense Force member

Too long for 3-quote max wrote:Shadowman: Ryan isn't becoming a daddy, is he? That just struck me.
The Mad A**hatter: Ryan has a woman?
shadowman: He's already married. To his job.
autobot commander: BURN!!!!
Burn: WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Neko: I'm starting to think you go looking for these posts. lol.
Silver Wind
Combiner
Alt Mode: I have no idea
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 2
Skill: 6

Postby Brakethrough » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:15 pm

Bud Abbotobot.
"A polar bear is dropkicked by a robot that turns into a police car."
Brakethrough
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Emperor Primacron the 1st » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:39 pm

Talon523 wrote:did anyone else hear a beast machines interview where they said they planned on having Rattrap deformed? I remember the interview but I can't find it.

They wanted orginally Rattrap to be disfigured and deformed. Like spindly limbs, a colostomy bag like cable sticking out of his side, a skull like face with exposed brain case, etc. I'll look through my disks and post em once I find them. :D
Emperor Primacron the 1st
Transmetal Warrior

Postby jgilkinson » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:22 pm

Silver Wind wrote:Rattrap as 2IC? I always thought of Rhinox as being that in the show. And what about this?

yeah no kidding I always thought of him as 4ic only over cheetor
jgilkinson
Pretender
News Credits: 1

Postby i_amtrunks » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:32 pm

Rhinox is his best pal. This does not mean Rattrap won't drop him in a pit if there is some profit or cheese in it but at least he'll try and get him out later.

Its the little things like this that makes the Beast Wars characters so good.

I also like the fact that Rattrap and Primal were meant to be more like allies than friends, at least at the beginning of the series.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby God Magnus » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:49 pm

Motto: "I'd reach for the stars but I can't find my arms."
Weapon: Blue Bolt
jgilkinson wrote:
Silver Wind wrote:Rattrap as 2IC? I always thought of Rhinox as being that in the show. And what about this?

yeah no kidding I always thought of him as 4ic only over cheetor

Rattrap was always the one who stepped up to take control when Optimus was incapacitated. Rhinox was just the one with the "people" skills that kept everybody working together.
The Harbinger of Jell-O Puddin' Pops!

If you are flamable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
-Mitch Hedberg
My BotCon '08 pics.
God Magnus
Godmaster
News Credits: 5
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Scaleface » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:08 am

Rattrap was appointed second in command in episode 5, Chain of Command, but he didn't like leadership after his taste of it. Rhinox seemed to be a good commander, but he was shy about taking power. Rhinox only started ordering the others around in Optimus' absence as of season 2. Because the people who wrote the tech spec probably remembered this, they said Rhinox was second, but technically Rattrap was appointed the position.
Scaleface
Gestalt
News Credits: 49

Postby Down_Shift » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:22 am

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

That was booooooring. :P

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby Emperor Primacron the 1st » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:41 am

Down_Shift wrote:Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:???:
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Zeedust » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:28 pm

Motto: "Nothing says more about us than the futures we left behind."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon

Am I allowed to throw things at people? Because Shifty here's really askin' for it...

Anyhow, very nice writeup, and looking at it, it's very clear that this came from the start of the show, and it's obvious how much Rattrap developed from there... Gaining respect for Optimus, for example, and his contempt for Dinobot changing into a sort of friendly rivalry.

And JazZeke, I'm reading that as Cheetor's singing making Rattrap nervous, though Rattrap's interest in jazz may extend to performance rather than just listening. Either way, it's also interesting to see the things that never made it into the show... Thje jazz, for example, and the stasis beams from his chest. I'd love to see the rest of the story bible... It'd be interesting to get a look at who the rest of the BEast Warriors were on paper before they made it into the show.
Zeedust
City Commander
News Credits: 7
Buy from Zeedust on eBay
Alt Mode: Uncategorized techno-organic ground vehicle
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Courage: 2
Firepower: 6
Skill: 3

Postby Emperor Primacron the 1st » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:22 pm

Nemesis Primal wrote:

Am I allowed to throw things at people? Because Shifty here's really askin' for it...

Only if it's heavy. :mrgreen:

How about a cinder block?

Anyhow, as how BW is the best TF series in my book, it's cool to see little tidbits of trivia like this. I'm still looking for the deformed Rattrap, gimme time. ;;)
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Silver Wind » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:09 pm

Scaleface wrote:

Rattrap was appointed second in command in episode 5, Chain of Command, but he didn't like leadership after his taste of it. Rhinox seemed to be a good commander, but he was shy about taking power. Rhinox only started ordering the others around in Optimus' absence as of season 2. Because the people who wrote the tech spec probably remembered this, they said Rhinox was second, but technically Rattrap was appointed the position.

IIRC, the secret vote came out as a tie. But I could be wrong; it's been a long time since I last watched it. *shrug*

Too long for 3-quote max wrote:Shadowman: Ryan isn't becoming a daddy, is he? That just struck me.
Silver Wind
Combiner

Postby Greed » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:06 am

Silver Wind wrote:
Scaleface wrote:

IIRC, the secret vote came out as a tie. But I could be wrong; it's been a long time since I last watched it. *shrug*

Yeah, I a tie btwn Rattrap and Dinobot but in a video from Primal Rattrap was appointed 2IC by Primal himself.
Greed
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Silver Wind » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:24 am

Greed wrote:
Silver Wind wrote:
Scaleface wrote:

Yeah, I a tie btwn Rattrap and Dinobot but in a video from Primal Rattrap was appointed 2IC by Primal himself.

Ah. Now that I think about it, I can sort of remember that scene. Thanks, Greed.

Silver Wind
Combiner

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon RAMP (LEFT HIP) Transformers Titans Return part accs 2017 230817D"
Trypticon RAMP (LE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DK-3 BREAKER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
DK-3 BREAKER Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon WING (RIGHT SHOULDER) Transformers Titans Return part accs 230817F"
Trypticon WING (RI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS13 HUBCAP Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-GS13 HUBCAP Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHIRL Transformers Generations Voyager complete + instructions 2014 230920A"
WHIRL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE + FRACAS Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208K"
SCOURGE + FRACAS T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HARDHEAD Transformers Universe Ultra complete + instructions 2009 230920A"
HARDHEAD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS25 TRANSMUTATE Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-GS25 TRANSMUTA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classics Deluxe complete Hasbro 2006 230920A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYWARP Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class Hasbro 2015 New 240519A"
NEW!
SKYWARP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TWINFERNO +  DABURU Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 231208I"
TWINFERNO + DABUR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Protectobot ROOK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Protectobot ROOK T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PROWL Transformers Universe Spy Changer complete Hasbro 2005 230821A"
PROWL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIFT-TICKET Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
LIFT-TICKET Transf ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Dragstrip Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Blitzwing and Decepticon Hazard" on AMAZON