This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Universe Jazz - WIP

Post all your customized Transformers here. Whether it's a small mod or a true kitbash, we'd love to see it!

Universe Jazz - WIP

Postby hXcpunk23 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:41 pm

Weapon: Plasma Cannon
*I actually started this project in July of 2008 and just now got back to it--this is from the original thread posted at TFW and Sector70*

Long time, no custom........so once I got my extra Universe Prowl in the mail yesterday and once I saw how it transformed and looked, I decided to try the beats of the streets........JAZZ!

Keep in mind, this is a WIP, so what you see is about half done. I modded the front fender last night (cut it off just above the front wheels and glued it onto the chest/front of the car), removed the Prowl head, and slapped the Jazz head on it (used a bit of super glue to allow the head to fit better, while still being able to turn). I'm working on the paint still and after that, some labels (I'm hoping to mod the Generation 1 labels I have from my reissue Jazz to work on this in the next day or two). I'm not worried about fixing the neck or making it shorter (it doesn't look that bad to me and it's not worth the trouble). I also gotta thank my bud, WheelJack at Sector70 for supplying me with the Jazz head for this (he casted it from the Botcon '08 Jazz head--thanks again bro!)

Enjoy and keep an eye out for the final version (hopefully in the next few days or so).

hXcpunk23
Micromaster
Watch hXcpunk23 on YouTube
Buy from hXcpunk23 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Universe Jazz - WIP

Postby hXcpunk23 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:42 pm

*This was WIP update #2 from July of 2008*

Here are some more WIP pics on Jazz. I've removed the legs and swapped them at the hip to allow his lower legs (between the knee and ankle) to look more "G1". I also added the small styrene strips to the front of the car/chest. I painted some of the inside of his lower legs black to be more like the original G1 Jazz. Up next, I'll finish filling in the roof (where I removed the siren from Prowl), finish up painting, and add the labels (if these look ok--if not, I'll paint 'em myself). I also removed the unused shoulder launcher and painted the other, so that it can be flipped out or hidden. Hope you enjoy the few small tweaks.

hXcpunk23
Micromaster

Postby hXcpunk23 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:44 pm

*This is updated as of yesterday--these were taken between July 24th and 25th of this year, 2009)*

Well, it's been almost a year since I've done anything to this sucker--it was sitting in a box for MONTHS, before ever pulling it out and thinking things over with the shin guard/hinge thing. I've been keeping tabs over at Sector70 on Wheel_Jack's Jazz re-shell and it got me motivated to finish this sucker up. I started night before last and finally worked out a nice hinge system for the shins based on a test that Radicons member "spoonman" did using Energon Downshift's leg/shin hinges (so credit to him for trying this out and giving me the idea to go with--thanks, man!). I never saw if he finished his with the new shin guards, but from the looks of it, he had the hinge a little too far in and the second hinge would have overlapped the other and it wouldn't transform correctly (at least that's how it looked from the image). I fixed that by shaving down just enough of the hinges to allow them to function correctly and still allow transformation. Now I'm trying to work on getting some sort of feet or small notch to work with the transformation and hinges.

If you look back at the other pictures in this thread, you'll see what I had previously done--well since then, as of about 2 days ago, I decided to rip the old styrene strips off and completely rebuild the front with styrene to resemble the G1 styled front end. I'm not done with it yet and I plan to drill out some larger headlights (the holes in the front) since they look kinda small. I plan to fill the gaps with Procreate putty and sand it smooth a bit. After that, the paint. I've also changed the transformation of the doors a bit--just moved them up and folded them behing the back/head. I had already cut the pieces for the car's front end a year ago and I've now glued them in place and painted over the original lights (to help me get a better feel for Jazz without staring at the clear plastic. The feet you see in the pics probably won't be staying (not enough clearance room--I took the screw out of the middle of each lower leg and cut out the plastic piece it was screwed into--this allows for the legs to fold in a little deeper and the shin guards/hinge to fold flush in alt mode. I'll toss some alt mode pics up soon once I finish a bit more here and let some glue dry.

Enjoy!

hXcpunk23
Micromaster

Postby Doubledealer93 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:14 am

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
DANG! thats the best classics jazz i have ever seen! nice work! is it finished or not?

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
my tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/doubledealer93
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Speed: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby hXcpunk23 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:18 am

Doubledealer25 wrote:DANG! thats the best classics jazz i have ever seen! nice work! is it finished or not?

Thanks for the compliment, man. I definitely don't consider it "the best" or anything, but I'm glad you like it. I will say that I think you'd change that if you saw the one my bud Wheeljack-S70 is working on. He's doing a complete reshell with a 1/32 model kit (trust me, it's insane and looks awesome). As for mine here, it's not completely done yet, still a few more mods with some styrene and putty, I need to figure out the foot issue now that I have the hinges attached, and then the paint.
hXcpunk23
Micromaster

Postby Nightscreech » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:03 am

Motto: "Swift to Destroy"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
I just got the Smokescreen version of this mold, I really like the little things you've done to the legs.
Nightscreech
Vehicon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby hXcpunk23 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:29 pm

Nightscreech wrote:I just got the Smokescreen version of this mold, I really like the little things you've done to the legs.

Thanks, man! If you don't mind me asking, how good/bad is your Smokescreen mold? I've had one for a while and I just cracked it open last night to find a few flaws (the head mechanism won't sit flush in alt or bot mode, the ball joints on the doors seem loose, and the ball joints on the legs seem extremely tight and I actually cracked the leg while simply moving it forward). I still like the figure though--I've just never experienced this many small issues on ONE Transformer at once. I think I may use it for a custom and maybe get another down the road.
hXcpunk23
Micromaster

Postby Gone » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:52 pm

Weapon: High-Powered, Laser-Sighted, Photon Rifle
this is a new level of awesome for jazz
(Micheal bay must never find out)
Gone
Headmaster
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Predaprince » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:04 pm

Motto: ""Destruction is the fate of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Sonic Rifle
Superb job!
Last edited by Predaprince on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Predaprince
God Of Transformers
Strength: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby Nightscreech » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:38 pm

Motto: "Swift to Destroy"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
hXcpunk23 wrote:
Nightscreech wrote:I just got the Smokescreen version of this mold, I really like the little things you've done to the legs.

Thanks, man! If you don't mind me asking, how good/bad is your Smokescreen mold? I've had one for a while and I just cracked it open last night to find a few flaws (the head mechanism won't sit flush in alt or bot mode, the ball joints on the doors seem loose, and the ball joints on the legs seem extremely tight and I actually cracked the leg while simply moving it forward). I still like the figure though--I've just never experienced this many small issues on ONE Transformer at once. I think I may use it for a custom and maybe get another down the road.

I cant say i've run into these issues, the only thing that stands out are the side panels when going to alt mode, they pop a bit to easily, but i think thats mainly due to the poor design in that particular area. head sits flush on mine and the joints are all pretty balanced. Im thinking of turning mine into a custom myself, purely because of the paint scheme it has... i'm not into the cartoony look, but thats just me.
Nightscreech
Vehicon
Strength: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9

Postby Convotron » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:09 am

Motto: "When in doubt, transform and roll out!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
This Jazz is just so...cool. :APPLAUSE:
Toys for sale, S.H. Figuarts, Revoltech, Robot Damashii, Figma, and more!

Discounts for purchases of 3 items or more! See sales thread for details.

Never forget the Oath Sworn Through Courage!
Convotron
City Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Firepower: 9

Postby AbraxasGrey » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:02 pm

DUDE! Thats awesome! Could you make a video review of it? Explaining all the custom work in detail?
AbraxasGrey
Mini-Con

Postby Praxus Prime » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:38 pm

Motto: "Guitars aren't just good for playing music; they can also be used to beat people's brains out!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
That's probably the best Jazz repaint I've seen! I finished a TF Animated Jazz upgrade today (I added horns, black hands, and I painted the head black) and it doesn't even come close to this one! (Not that mine isn't good, but being my first, it's not detailed)
Praxus Prime
Transmetal Warrior
Watch Praxus Prime on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Return to Customizations

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr R 1:15 LINE ART Dynamite Comics DEC230221 1R (CA) Parrillo"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #3 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics FEB230374 3A MOTU Nunez"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr O LTD virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230218 1O (CA) Nakayama"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #1 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics JUL231102 1A (CA)Nunez"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MASTERS UNIVERSE REVELATION #3 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics 2021 JUL210317 3B MOTU"
MASTERS UNIVERSE R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #4 Cvr L 1:10 foil Dynamite Comics 2024 MAR240175 4L (CA) Nakayama"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr O 1:15 Foil Virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240202 3O Nakayama"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240109 2E (CA) Tao (W) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr U 1:25 LINE ART Dynamite Comics DEC230224 1U (CA) Parrillo"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #4 Cvr R 1:25 foil Dynamite Comics 2024 MAR240181 4R (CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr X FOC Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN247369 2X (CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr H Foil virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240195 3H (CA) Parrillo"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #1 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics DEC220421 1A MOTU Nunez"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr T 1:30 virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240124 2T Lee + Chung"
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Core Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Cosmos" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON